2005-10-20

Att slåss mot troll

- Now that sir is with us I am sure the miscreants will just melt away. Has sir by any chance gone sir-on-one with a troll before? No? A little advice, sir. The important thing is to get in front of them and dodge the first blow. They always leave themselves open and sir may then step smartly forward and select sir's target of choice.
- Er... what if... if I'm not in front of one when it tries to hit me? /.../ What if it is in fact behind me?
- Ah, well, I am afraid that in that case sir has to go back and start all over again, sir.
- And, er, how do I do that?
- Being born is traditionally the first step, sir.

(Terry Pratchett, Thud!, 2005)



En sak är säker:
Hur trött, arg, frustrerad, ledsen, etc, jag än är, så kan Terry Pratchett få mig att skratta. Och tro mig, jag har verkligen varit ledsen vissa gånger när jag har läst honom!
Som jag sa till Jennie: Jan borde få Nobelpriset i litteratur bara av den anledningen.



"Sir-on-one with a troll", hahaha! Så kan man emellanåt känna sig när man arbetar med jämställdhetsfrågor!